I’ve been using the beta release of Espresso Kaboom for my HTML markup, CSS and FTP in our Vancouver web design company now for over a month and I’m really liking it even though there are still some bugs. Although, this is understandable and the reason why it is still in beta. I love how all of the benefits of CSS Edit are now packaged into Espresso.
Here are a few of the features:
- Visual CSS editing with a web kit browser
- All of the features of CSS Edit
- Have both the coding and live browser open at the same time
- No more bouncing between CSS Edit and Coda
- Great interface for coding
- Drag-and-drop FTP upload
- Immediate saving and uploading to the server (This can be dangerous)
- Code snippets
Since it’s still in beta, I’m hoping they fix some of the bugs I’ve run across
- While viewing the server files in column view, when you click on a directory to open it in a new column it doesn’t open the first time
- I want to be able to have the option of closing the file info in the right side of the code window
- Some application instability
I’m sure MacRabbit will fix the major bugs before the full release. From what I’ve seen so far, I will be buying Espresso 2 for our Vancouver web design company when it’s ready for final release.